Longwood Gardens’ colors change each year when Wilmington and the Brandywine Valley's crisp fall air comes through. On view October 1 through November 13 is the annual Chrysanthemum Festival, transforming the Conservatory into a vibrant, colorful view of chrysanthemum blooms. The Garden is stretching its horticultural limits by featuring special chrysanthemum forms, bringing a new and exciting personality to the Conservatory.
Outside, be sure to explore painted vistas changing with the season, enjoy the Garden Railway and Pumpkin Playground, and of course, find autumnal awe at every turn. Don't miss the final flourish of the daily fountain performances, as well as Light: Installations by Bruce Munro—on view Thursday through Sunday evenings through October 30. Before dusk, explore the Gardens and kick back with live music in the Beer Garden. As darkness falls, Light’s eight installations begin to shine, adding a dimension of magic and wonder to our Gardens. Check out the performance schedules below.
Music, Performances, Theatre, and more...
Kathy Mattea and Suzy Bogguss: Together at Last: October 12 at 8:00 p.m.
John Walthausen: October 16 at 3:00 p.m.
Open Organ Console Day: October 22 at 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Arturo O’Farrill Quintet: November 4 at 8:00 p.m.
Shades of Django with the Stephane Wrembel Quartet: November 6 at 8:00 p.m.
Peter Richard Conte: November 11 at 8:00 p.m.
Final Weeks of Fountain Performances
Now through October 30, 2022
Daily at 11:15 a.m., 1:15 p.m., 3:15 p.m., 5:15 p.m.
Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays at 6:15 p.m., 7:15 p.m., 9:15 p.m.
The Gardens’ Illuminated Fountain Performances will also continue through October 30 Thursday through Saturday evenings at 8:15 pm.
- Thursday, October 6: 5–8 p.m.: Stevie and the Bluescasters (Blues) 8:15 p.m.: Monet’s Garden
- Friday, October 7: 5–8 p.m.: Drew Nugent & The Midnight Society (Jazz Age Blues, Jazz, Pop) 8:15 p.m.: Be Our Guest
- Saturday, October 8: 5–8 p.m.: the [mma] project (Eclectic Acoustic) 8:15 p.m.: Queens of Soul
- Sunday, October 9: 5–8 p.m.: Plenty Pepper (Caribbean Steel Pan) 8:15 p.m.: NEW Caribbean Life
- Thursday, October 13: 5–8 p.m.: Polkadelphia (Polka Old and New) 8:15 p.m.: NEW Romeo and Juliet
- Friday, October 14: 5–6 p.m. & 7-8 p.m.: Slowey and The Boats (Hawaiian-Inspired Steel Guitar) 8:15 p.m.: Pure Imagination
- Saturday, October 15: 5–8 p.m.: Minas (Brazilian and American Roots) 8:15 p.m.: It’s Always Sunny at Longwood Gardens
- Sunday, October 16: 5–8 p.m.: Polkadelphia (Polka Old and New) 8:15 p.m.: NEW The Show Must Go On
- Thursday, October 20: 5–8 p.m.: Polkadelphia (Polka Old and New)
- Friday, October 21: 5–8 p.m.: Conjunto Philadelphia (Traditional Cuban Son; Cha, Cha, Cha; Bolero) 8:15 p.m.: To Philly, With Love
- Saturday, October 22: 5–8 p.m.: Borderline (Bluegrass) 8:15 p.m.: NEW Come As You Are: ‘90s
- Sunday, October 23: 5–8 p.m.: Polkadelphia (Polka Old and New) 8:15 p.m.: NEW Bollywood Blockbusters
- Thursday, October 27: 5–8 p.m.: Conjunto Philadelphia (Traditional Cuban Son; Cha, Cha, Cha; Bolero) 8:15 p.m.: Classic Rock Road Trip
- Friday, October 28: 5–8 p.m.: Polkadelphia (Polka Old and New) 8:15 p.m.: Hip Hop Mixtape
- Saturday, October 29: 5–8 p.m.: Polkadelphia (Polka Old and New) 8:15 p.m.: Leading Ladies: Madonna and Lady Gaga
- Sunday, October 30: 5–8 p.m.: TBD 8:15 p.m.: Halloween Magic
For tickets and the complete schedule of performances, visit longwoodgardens.org.