The warmer weather is almost here, and that means it's almost time for Rocky Bluewinkle, Mr. Celery and the Wilmington Blue Rocks. I'm a huge Blue Rocks fan, I even spent a summer selling Blue Rocks gear in The Quarry! If you haven't had the opportunity to #VisitWilm, check out a game, and get "The Royal Treatment," you are missing one of the area's most fun and affordable family attractions.
I've taken a look at their impressive Promo Schedule for the 2015 Season - and here are my top picks:
• Friday Night Fireworks: To me, nothing says summer like fireworks, and The Blue Rocks don't disappoint. Fans are treated to a spectacular fireworks show every Friday home game this season.
• Bobblehead Nights: Everyone loves a good bobblehead - and this season, you have a few to choose from. Elena Della Donne, Rocky Bluewinkle, Tom Carper and Baseball Hall of Famer George Brett will all grace a bobblehead this year.
• Cowboy Monkey Rodeo: Undoubtedly the biggest spectacle on the blue Rocks schedule each summer, the world famous Team Ghost Riders Cowboy Monkey Rodeo never disappoints. This year, they're heading to Frawley Stadium for three games! These games always sell out - so get your tickets early.
• Wrestling Night: WWE Legend "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan will be on hand to sign autographs and take pictures with fans. Come representing your favorite wrestling superstar for a night of wrestling themed games and music!
• Two-riffic Tuesdays: Tuesday nights are the most budget friendly of the season! All season long, get 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs and 2 sodas for just $22 for every Tuesday home game.
• Dog Days of Summer: Frawley Stadium goes to the dogs! On June 27th, Blue Rocks fans can bring their canine best friend to enjoy the game. The first 1,000 fans through the gates will get a Blue Rocks cap, courtesy of Concord Pet Foods and Supplies.
• Memorial Day Weekend: Plan to spend your Memorial Day with Rocky and the gang. First up, Friday Fireworks, then on Saturday, Dennis Haskins (Saved By The Bell's Mr. Belding) will stop by with some "Bayside Blue Rocks" t-shirts. Sunday the fun continues with more fireworks and a military card set giveaway, honoring local heroes. With a noon start time, Monday's game is a perfect way to end the holiday weekend.
• Beer:30 Thursdays: Blue Rocks games keep Mom and Dad in mind too! Check out a game during Beer:30 Thursdays, presented by Dogfish Head, and enjoy craft beer specials and live entertainment from 5:30pm-7pm.
The Wilmington Blue Rocks are a Single A affiliate of Major League Baseball's Kansas City Royals - View their complete 2015 schedule.