Break out your overalls and striped hats for another Train Day at Auburn Heights! Take a ride on our 1/8-size Auburn Valley Railroad and experience the beauty of Auburn Heights as you circle through a tunnel, over a trestle bridge and past the 1897 Marshall mansion. Explore exhibits and activities in the Marshall Steam Museum, sample free popcorn (steam popped, of course) and tour the mansion as you help us celebrate our love of trains!
New this season, visit each month and enjoy our changing exhibit, Stories from Auburn Heights: Recollections of Tom Marshall which feature pictures, objects and personal stories from life at Auburn Heights, local history, the steam car hobby and more from the Weekly News newsletter written by our founder, Tom Marshall.
Train Day activities:
• Enjoy a special electric trains display by the Northern Delaware Model Railroad Club
• Learn all about the jobs on the railroad and the special tools they used
• Try your hand at being a railroad fireman and shovel coal at the Little Tykes Tender
• Build your own train out of recycled materials
Train Day is a day when Auburn Heights comes alive and visitors can experience the magic age of steam! All admission options include:
• Rides on the Auburn Valley Railroad, the 1/8-size railroad that circles the property
• Fresh steam-popped popcorn from our vintage Cretors popper
• Entry to the Marshall Steam Museum, featuring the world’s largest operating collection of Stanley steam cars, plus a 1930s working Lionel electric trains display, a hands-on engine exhibit, kids activities and more
TRAIN DAY ADMISSION:
• General Admission: includes 4 rides on the Auburn Valley Railroad: $8 ages 2 and up (infants free). Rides Ticket admission is free for Friends of Auburn Heights Preserve members.
• Mansion Ticket: includes tour of the first floor of Auburn Heights: $5 all ages
• Combo Ticket: covers it all, rides and mansion: $13 ages 2 and up (infants free)