The self-guided Tour features five spectacular "Houses with History" bedecked for the holiday season.
The five Greenville-area houses featured on the tour--all within a short driving distance of the Museum--include the following spectacular historical homes:
• The estate that inspired the Brandywine Valley moniker "Chateau Country"
• The venue for the du Pont / Roosevelt bridal party luncheon in 1937
• A manor house location for meetings of the National Woman's Party
• A beautifully restored grand residence first planned as an escape from city summers
• A stately house with the nickname "Mount Vernon"
The Tour will coincide with the Museum's annual Winter Arts Festival, which will feature regional artisans and live holiday music. Visitors are invited to the Museum on the Tour day for live seasonal music, light holiday fare by Toscana in the Thronson Café, and shopping in the Museum Store and the vendor booths. Visit website for information on the history of the houses and optional lunch opportunities.