After eight sold out movies last fall, The Grand Opera House is thrilled to announce the return of its Drive-In Cinema at Bellevue State Park. The summer series will begin on May 1st with five movie musicals inspired by Broadway shows.
Check out what’s to come and plan accordingly for your next #VisitWilm weekend!
May 1: Chicago: The Musical
(starring Richard Gere, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Renee Zellweger)
May 22: Dreamgirls: The Musical
(starring Beyonce Knowles, Eddie Murphy, Jamie Foxx, and Jennifer Hudson)
May 29: Rocketman
(starring Taron Egerton)
June 12: Disney’s Newsies
(starring Christian Bale, Bill Pullman, and Robert Duvall)
July 3: Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns
(starring Emily Blunt and Hamilton’s Lin Manuel Miranda)
Tickets are on sale NOW! Available online only at www.TheGrandWilmington.org. Ticket includes entrance to the movie, one bag of popcorn, and one drink per purchased ticket.
Safety and Sanitation Information:
Social distancing measures will operate in accordance with Delaware guidelines:
· Vehicles will be spaced approximately 6’-8’ apart. Windows may remain open at this distance.
· Cars will be parked in a manner to achieve at/or appropriate spacing and best visibility.
· Restrooms will be available in the Bellevue State Park facilities.
· Patrons must remain in their vehicles during the duration of the film.
· Face masks must be worn anytime you are outside your vehicle as you walk to the restrooms or concessions table.
· There is no reentry once your vehicle leaves the parking area.
· In accordance with state guidelines, patrons will be asked to leave if they do not adhere to the rules and regulations.
· Passenger vehicles only. No buses, party buses, limousines, bicycles, or foot traffic allowed. ADA accessible vehicles will be permitted.
· All tickets are general admission, and spots cannot be reserved.
· There will be food and drink available for purchase. Alcohol prohibited.
· Attendees will be able to hear the movie via FM radio. Details will be provided on site.
· We discourage vehicles with more than four occupants.
· No pets allowed.
*State guidance on social distancing, public gatherings, and certain procedures and practices is subject to change.