The Michelin Green Guidebook provides an in-depth look into a city and what it has to offer, awarding “star” ratings to different facets of a destination’s tourism experience, including attractions and specific aspects of those attractions. Wilmington & the Brandywine Valley have several attractions that have been awarded this incredible honor thanks to our friends in Philadelphia! Michelin chose Philadelphia as its eighth United States city to receive a Guidebook for several reasons, including it being the “best getaway” to both the U.S. and the East Coast based on the ease of Philadelphia International Airport compared to larger airports in nearby cities.
The Guidebook’s rating system ranges from one to three stars. One star indicates a place or thing “worth a visit,” while two-star destinations are “worth a detour.” Three stars – the highest recognition possible – denote an experience “worth a special journey.”
Check out the Wilmington & Brandywine Valley attractions awarded Michelin stars...
Three Stars Awarded to...
- 175 beautifully refurbished rooms at the Winterthur Museum, Garden and Library
- Conservatory at Longwood Gardens
- Decorative arts collection at Winterthur Museum, Garden and Library
- Nemours Estate
- The Manor at Nemours Estate
- Winterthur Museum, Garden and Library
Two Stars Awarded to...
- Festival of Fountains at Longwood Gardens
- Furniture collection at Winterthur Museum, Garden & Library
- Hagley Museum and Library
- Italian Water Garden at Longwood Gardens
- Longwood Gardens
One Star Awarded to...
- Beautiful gardens with its river at the Brandywine Museum of Art
- Brandywine Heritage Galleries at the Brandywine Museum of Art
- Eleutherian Mills at Hagley Museum and Library
- Perspectives on the Decorative Arts in Early America at Winterthur Museum, Garden and Library
- Pierce du Pont House at Longwood Gardens
- The French formal gardens at Nemours Estate
The Philadelphia Green Michelin Guidebook was first announced back in May 2023 and will be available for purchase via Amazon in mid-July.
We can’t wait to welcome you to #VisitWilm.