Is cabin fever taking a toll on the family? We get it… trust us!
We also understand that traveling is far down on the list of things you are thinking about right now. That’s why we are bringing Greater Wilmington to you! A few local attractions are now offering experiences you can enjoy at home! And let’s face it, everybody needs a little escape these days. Even if it is virtual.
1. The Delaware Museum of Natural History is using virtual museum programming to provide an incentive at-home educational experience. From story time and live animal presentations to discovering the museum’s collections via video, the museum will surely keep you and your family entertained. Learn more and keep up to date on current programs at www.delmnh.org or https://www.facebook.com/Delmnh/.
2. The Delaware Art Museum is taking to their website and social channels to bring you an e-version of their wonderful garden and gallery! Explore through photos of sculptures, artwork and more to learn about the museum's collection and what to see on a future in-person visit.
*Should you need to get out of the house… the museum’s garden remains open to the public from dawn to dusk. Just be sure to keep your distance from others.
3. The Mount Cuba Center has created a virtual tour of its botanic gardens. You can journey through the main house, formal gardens, ponds, meadow and so much more! Visit https://mtcubacenter.org/visit/tour/spring/ to explore the center in all its spring glory. Perfect to gear you up for your future visit!
4. Hagley Museum and Library is taking to their Facebook page to bring you Virtual Tour Tuesdays! Be sure to tune into their profile to check out awesome images bringing Hagley's museum and garden right to your home (until you can visit again!) But wait, there's more! The museum has taken full advantage of the current situation allowing visitors to explore, learn, and create right from home every day of the week!
5. Delaware Shakespeare is also keeping you connected to the arts with daily (virtual of course) sonnet readings through their Instagram page! We're sure you've never heard Shakespeare quite like this before.
Others like Winterthur Museum, Gardens & Library, Brandywine River Museum of Art, Biggs Museum of Art, and The Delaware Contemporary are all taking on virtual tours of their galleries to #bringarthome. Even the Delaware Children's Museum is taking to virtual learning opportunities for the kiddos! Be sure to take advantage of these and other awesome experiences like these during this trying time. Many local museums and attractions are taking part in #MuseumsFromHome as well as #OurGardensYourHome. Check out your favorites -- or discover a new one! We all need a little extra fun and excitement while quarantined! Here’s to getting through and making the most of the situation ahead. We can’t wait until the virtual becomes a reality again soon. It’s too quiet without our #VisitWilm family.